By Christine Schaefer
Valuing people is one of the 11 core concepts and values of the Baldrige Excellence Framework (including the Criteria for Performance Excellence). What’s more, “Workforce Engagement” is the title and focus of a section (item 5.2) of the Baldrige Criteria on achieving a high-performance work environment.
Given the key importance of this concept for achieving organizational excellence and success, today I’ve aggregated ten of the most-read blogs Baldrige staff members have written in recent years about workforce engagement. Following is the list, with hyperlinks to each blog.
1. First Win Their Hearts and Minds, Then Consider These Steps:
2. Boosting Workforce Engagement (from the Bottom Up):
3. Baldrige is Answer to How to Create the Culture You Need:
4. How a Role-Model Health System Gets and Grows the Workforce It Needs:
5. [Daniel] Pink: Are Organizations Working Against the Greater Human Nature?
6. How Values, Quarterly Coaching Address Clinician Burnout, Improve Engagement:
7. A Customer Guarantee Absolutely Dependent on Workforce Engagement: http://nistbaldrige.blogs.govdelivery.com/2016/03/17/a-customer-guarantee-absolutely-dependent-on-workforce-engagement/
8. Why Status Quo Was Not Enough for This Role-Model Workforce:
9. A “Best Place to Work” with a Culture of Caring:
10. Workforce Engagement: Do You Have Them at “Hello”?http://nistbaldrige.blogs.govdelivery.com/2012/04/10/workforce-engagement-do-you-have-them-at-hello/
As always, your comments on these blogs—and in this case, your thoughts about workforce engagement—are welcome here. Please consider sharing your insights and best practices by posting a comment below.