By Christine Schaefer
To entertain you, to grab your attention, and (of course!) to advance your understanding of the Baldrige Excellence Framework, staff members who contribute to this blog have occasionally written some odd posts—or, at least, given them curious titles.
In case you’ve missed one or more of these, I’m sharing links to a selection of them below. I hope such posts encourage you (or people you know who are new to Baldrige) to appreciate the relevance and value of the Baldrige framework as a foundation for improving the performance of any organization.
Without further delay, following are ten previously published Blogrige posts that connect concepts from the Baldrige framework with such unexpected topics as …
- Vomiting in a cab:
- Surviving a “hot yoga” class: http://nistbaldrige.blogs.govdelivery.com/2013/07/25/when-agility-is-painful-a-light-hearted-view-of-the-baldrige-core-values/
- Eating a hamburger: http://nistbaldrige.blogs.govdelivery.com/2013/07/03/picture-the-perfect-burger/
- Writing an online dating profile: http://nistbaldrige.blogs.govdelivery.com/2013/01/22/i-love-my-wife/
- Wearing an ugly holiday sweater: http://nistbaldrige.blogs.govdelivery.com/2014/12/17/what-do-ugly-holiday-sweaters-have-to-do-with-business-excellence/
- Attending a parent-teacher conference: http://nistbaldrige.blogs.govdelivery.com/2011/01/26/the-basic-education-criteria-incognito/
- Getting married:
- Going to a car race:
- Babysitting grandchildren: http://nistbaldrige.blogs.govdelivery.com/2015/09/08/a-cheer-for-getting-older/
- Making New Year’s resolutions: http://nistbaldrige.blogs.govdelivery.com/2016/01/07/new-years-resolutions-based-on-the-baldrige-excellence-framework/
As always, your thoughts (and humor) are welcome here. Consider commenting below to share your observations and insights about Baldrige concepts.